29 Sep EIU Senior Associate
Provide technical support in planning, design, execution, monitoring and evaluation of Research and Development (R&D) projects and activities of the Educational Innovation Unit.
- All assigned small-scale R&D projects are designed based on identified priority needs of stakeholders, compliant to set design specifications and terms of reference, delivered and completed in accordance with approved schedule, implementation plan and approved budget, compliant with approved quality policies, processes, and procedures, and with technical guidance from the Officer, Specialist and/or Senior Specialist.
- Accurate and timely provision of technical inputs in the preparation of a) needs assessments and solutions evaluation, b) R&D proposals, c) data gathering instruments, analytical findings and results, d) R&D knowledge products, research reports, articles, publications, research summaries and other documentation requirements of the Educational Innovation Unit. Timely and efficient provision of logistic and technical support to implementation of projects/activities in accordance with approved timelines and unit quality processes.
- Timely and efficient provision of logistics and technical support to implementation of R&D projects/activities in accordance with approved timelines and Center’s quality assurance standards and processes.
- Accurate and up-to-date project records and databases for all assigned R&D projects and activities.
- Timely and responsive technical support provided to consultants, partners, clients and other interested parties as measured by performance feedback.
- Timely and responsive ISO documentation of assigned projects (e.g., project monitoring report).
- Other accountabilities as reflected in the Performance Development and Management System (PDMS) Contract.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare research needs assessment tool/s and gather data/document findings as input to identifying priority research and development topics relevant to SEAMEO Member Countries;
- Complete assigned tasks related to situational analysis, needs assessment, literature reviews and secondary document analysis, and identification of possible tools and other documents as inputs to preparation of concept papers/proposals with technical guidance from the Officer/Specialist and/or Senior Specialist;
- Prepare, monitor, and update project management documents such as project budgets/budget notes, project implementation plans, risk and opportunities assessments, quarterly monitoring reports, research dissemination plans and other project M&E tools with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Coordinate and provide technical support in planning, organizing, monitoring workshops, meetings, field work and other activities related to development and field testing of prototype solutions under the R&D projects of EIU;
- Prepare/draft data gathering instruments with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Coordinate pilot/testing and validation of tools for R&D projects of EIU;
- Conduct data gathering and monitoring activities in support of R&D projects of EIU, including preparation of field notes, case studies, anecdotal records, and workshop proceedings;
- Undertake data cleaning and processing to facilitate statistical analysis and prepare initial draft of narrative/tabular/graphical interpretation of data for integration in report writing with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Prepare/draft technical/research reports for R&D projects of EIU with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Coordinate packaging, i.e., copyediting and layout, of R&D knowledge products of EIU;
- Prepare/draft monitoring and evaluation tools for R&D projects of EIU with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of R&D activities, including field visits, online monitoring, and preparation of field/documentation reports;
- Coordinate planning, design, and implementation of dissemination activities of the Unit’s R&D knowledge products;
- Complete assigned activities in drafting research briefs, journal/web articles, information notes, and proceedings of research dissemination activities with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Coordinate planning, design, and implementation of technology transfer of R&D knowledge products and related activities. This may include preparation or updating of budget, implementation plan, risks, and opportunities assessment, and technical and monitoring reports in cooperation with the assigned project team;
- Prepare/draft user guides and/or manuals and documentation of technology transfer of R&D knowledge products and related activities with technical inputs and guidance from the project team;
- Provide technical support to project consultants, partner organizations and other clients, as may be requested;
- Maintain and update the ISO files of assigned R&D projects, including information contained in the EIU intranet site; and
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
- Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree from a duly recognized institution of higher learning, preferably with master’s degree.
- Up to 3 years of relevant experience/training (with 18 units toward master’s degree).
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience/training (with 18 units toward master’s degree).
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add:
email@example.com not later than October 15, 2021