12 May ERU Specialist
Provides technical leadership and expertise in planning, designing/conceptualizing, implementing, and managing Educational Research projects and serves as coach to ERU project teams.
- All assigned educational research projects are designed based on identified priority needs of stakeholders, compliant to set design specifications and terms of reference, delivered and completed in accordance with approved schedule, implementation plan and approved budget, compliant with approved Center quality policies, processes, and standards.
- Positive satisfaction from partners/stakeholders received for all assigned programs and projects.
- Accurate and timely submission of inputs for the preparation of research proposals, data gathering instruments, analytical findings and results, research reports, research articles, publications, research briefs, policy notes, and other documentation requirements of the Unit.
- Timely and responsive technical support provided to consultants, partners, clients, and other interested parties as measured by performance feedback.
- Timely and responsive ISO documentation for projects which one is responsible for.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and prepare research needs/gaps as identified in the body of knowledge and gather data/document findings as input to identifying priority research area topics relevant to SEAMEO Member Countries.
- Lead and prepare tools, consolidate, and analyze the result of identified research needs and gaps.
- Provide technical inputs to the assessment of priority educational research areas to be addressed by SEAMEO INNOTECH.
- Lead in preparing and finalizing concept papers/proposals with conceptual and operational research framework, data gathering approaches, appropriate methodologies, tools, sampling design, project implementation and financial plan, risk and opportunities assessment, and other M&E tools and dissemination plan of educational research projects that are aligned with the Center’s priority research agenda.
- Lead in developing and conducting validity & reliability of instruments, pilot-testing, and finalizing data gathering tools for educational research projects in accordance with the quality standards of the Center.
- Lead and conduct data gathering activities (e.g., interviews, FGD facilitation, observations, survey administration), including preparation of field notes, case studies, anecdotal records, and workshop proceedings of educational research projects.
- Monitor the accuracy, validity, and integrity of the quality assured data in accordance with quality standards of the Center.
- Explore further data analysis e.g., data mining, meta-analysis) on data gathered to generate new knowledge product/basis for new proposal, as needed.
- Lead data processing activities and data analysis of educational research project.
- Review, prepare and deliver presentations of initial research findings and final research report for internal discussion/sharing and presentation to partners and stakeholders.
- Develop/review/finalize technical/research reports, research articles, policy notes and/or research summaries for educational research projects in accordance with the quality standards of the Center.
- Prepare periodic technical reports for submission to funding agencies and other external units and for internal reporting requirements, as needed.
- Review and finalize monitoring and evaluation reports (e.g., writing M&E reports, PCR, dissemination plan).
- Plan and manage research dissemination activities for the educational research projects for which they are responsible.
- Review/finalize educational research knowledge products for dissemination and other documents related to dissemination activities.
- Provide technical support to project consultants, partner organizations, clients, and other interested partners in meeting ERU’s deliverables.
- Provide technical inputs to and implement the quality assurance processes of ERU projects.
- Provide technical support in identifying possible fund sources and business development opportunities for ERU projects.
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
- Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree from a duly recognized institution of higher learning, preferably with master’s degree.
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience/training (with master’s degree).
- Up to 7 years of relevant experience/training (if without master’s degree).
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add: