IMU ASSOCIATE (Web Services)
Provides technical support and assistance in the planning, design, coordination and implementation of knowledge management (KM) and information sharing activities, programs and projects delivered through the Center Website and other official online channels and platforms. Includes assistance in the coordination of online campaigns, organization of events and monitoring of audience/user feedback.
- Management and maintenance of functional, up-to-date and accurate institutional Website and other official web-based information platforms that are compliant with the Center’s branding guidelines, policies, requirements, and standards.
- Timely production, processing, and dissemination of Center web-based information materials to various audiences and interested parties.
- Information and documentation services delivered to respective clients within agreed timelines, approved budget and compliant with the quality policies, processes and procedures of the Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Knowledge Management and Information Sharing
- Coordinate and implement activities, projects and programs related to the management and maintenance of the Center website, social media accounts and other official web-based information platforms, including identifying, developing, and publishing relevant content for the Center’s constituencies.
- Work in coordination with relevant Center Offices/Units to refine features and components of the Center’s homepage to address audience and Office requirements.
- Produce and disseminate the Center newsletter using appropriate print or electronic formats.
- Document knowledge fora, seminars, workshops, and conferences in support of the knowledge dissemination activities and draft reports of such.
- Provide technical support in the distribution/dissemination of INNOTECH publications to various users, including educational institutions, research centers and libraries.
- Coordinate user studies through the use of web analytics as inputs for formulating strategies to expand reach and readership.
- Help manage the Center’s data resources in the Center’s learning portal and Intranet.
- Develop and deliver requested documentation services for internal clients and interested parties.
- Assist in the implementation of online events like webinars and virtual consultations aimed to further promote and disseminate the Center’s knowledge products.
1. Educational Attainment
- Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a duly recognized institution of higher learning.
2. Work Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
3. Other Qualifications
- Computer literate and knowledgeable in copy editing and copywriting, documentation tasks, layout and graphic design and dissemination activities using various platforms/social media.
- Adept in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign in the development of the Center’s research and knowledge products.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with excellent oral and written communication skill.
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add: