06 Jan LPAU SENIOR OFFICER
Supervise and provide technical leadership and expertise in the management, including planning, and monitoring of programs, projects and activities of the Unit relating to legal and policy affairs, contracts management undertakings and compliance to relevant laws, standards, policies, rules and regulations to ensure institutional effectiveness and efficiency in achieving the Center’s quality objectives.
- Timely, effective and efficient planning, design, conduct, monitoring and documentation of activities and undertakings related to legal and policy affairs, contracts management and compliance to relevant laws, standards, policies, rules and regulations of the Center, SEAMEO, the host country and the INNOTECH Enabling Instrument, among others, and implemented in accordance with Center policies, procedures, standards and requirements.
- Technical support in the implementation and conduct and documentation of LQMO activities and undertakings related to the following, in accordance with international standards and requirements as may be required.
- The Center’s quality and learning management systems; and
- The Center’s planning, monitoring and evaluation of Center plans.
- Performance development and management system, including supervision and evaluation reports of staff under the Unit are fully implemented in accordance with Center policies, procedures and standards.
- Actions contributory to positive satisfaction from partners/stakeholders for all LQMO/LPAU programs and projects are undertaken, particularly those related to legal, policy, planning and quality assurance management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, guidance and supervision to the Unit and its staff in the performance of their functions towards achieving LPAU’s objectives.
- Provide leadership in the design, planning, conduct and monitoring of all Unit activities, projects and programs in accordance with Center policies, procedures, standards and requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of Unit’s inputs to Center reports and related documents.
- Provide full technical, administrative and logistical support in the efficient and timely conduct of the following LQMO undertakings as may be required:
- Planning, review, monitoring and quality management programs and activities of LQMO and the Center.
- Identifying, evaluating and attaining certification for updated/ other quality standards, international citations/awards and recognitions as may be deemed suitable and fitting of an international organization like SEAMEO INNOTECH, including development of processes and tools to support certification for new or updated quality systems as may be identified.
- Implementation and operationalization of identified LQMO/LPAU tasks and functions.
- Provide assistance to different units/ offices on issues and concerns that may require legal inputs and advice.
- Represent the Center in proceedings in court, quasi-judicial bodies, on cases, negotiations, mediations, etc. if needed.
- Perform other related task/s that may be assigned by the LQMO Manager.
- Educational Attainment
- Completion of Law Degree (LLB or Juris Doctor) with Master’s Degree or its equivalent from a duly recognized/ accredited institution of higher learning.
- With a valid license to practice law in the Philippines.
- Preferably with a Master’s Degree.
- Work Experience
At least 7 years of relevant work experience.
Active member in good standing of the Philippine bar.
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add: