13 Jul SMU Officer
Maintain, manage and lead in the development of online applications and programs, including information systems and databases, in response to the Center’s need to ensure availability of software and applications that effectively and efficiently support its operations, programs, projects and activities.
- Reliable, updated, and responsive software applications and systems to guarantee their smooth and continued application, fully supportive of Center programs, projects, and activities.
- Complete software and systems development documentation in accordance with the Center’s quality standards.
- Fully secured and updated software applications and systems by applying security patches in accordance with best practices and coding standards.
- Secured and up-to-date back-ups of all developed applications and databases.
- Assured integrity of systems and databases by developing architecture, programming, troubleshooting, and security protocols.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop information systems including designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Review/evaluate technical information needs by conferring with users for system specifications, and studying systems flow, data usage, work processes and programming standards following software development lifecycle.
- Document development of applications and databases through use of flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Determine operational feasibility of applications and systems by evaluating problem definition, requirements analysis, proposed solutions and solution development process to address concomitant issues and concerns.
- Investigate problem areas that may impact on the smooth implementation of applications and maximum use of databases.
- Perform as a full-stack software developer, exercising knowledge and skills in server functionality.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Help obtain required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing off-the-shelf applications and software.
- Help protect information confidentiality and integrity of unit, office and Center operations in the process of developing application software and databases.
- Perform other related task/s that may be assigned.
- Educational Attainment
Completion of an appropriate Baccalaureate Degree from a duly recognized/accredited institution of higher learning, preferably with Master’s Degree.
- Work Experience
At least 5 years of relevant work experience (with Master’s Degree) or at least 7 years of relevant work experience (in absence of Master’s Degree).
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add:
email@example.com not later than September 30, 2021