Home Forums SEAMEO INNOTECH “Right Click” Podcast Series Benefits of Digital Technology: List of Applications and Tools for ALS Teachers

Tagged: 

• Benefits of Digital Technology: List of Applications and Tools for ALS Teachers

Profile photo of gmdabalos
    gmdabalos
    Participant

This thread aims to create a list of useful applications/tool for ALS Teachers.

In the podcast episode Benefits of Digital Technology, Ma’am Mel Tan mentioned various applications and tools which ALS Implementers may use in the conduct of  learning sessions.

These are:

• “Phet,”
    •  YouTube
    • Knowledge Channel, TeacherTube, TED Talks for teachers
    • Edutopia, Merlowe , UNICEF, and UNESCO
    • Zoom, Google Hangouts, MS Teams
    • There’s also Google Drive, of course, and Slides
    • Padlet
    • MentiMeter
    • Loom
    • Pixton or StoryBoardDot
    • WordPress
    • Kahoot
    • Quizlet

Which of these apps/tools have you used? How was the experience?

What other apps have you tried and would recommend our ALS Teachers to use?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of gmdabalos gmdabalos.
    • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of gmdabalos gmdabalos.
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of floriefe
    floriefe
    Participant

I have used the zoom app. The experience was great kaso nga lang may limit sa time ang zoom. As to storage po, sa google classroom, mainam po sa atin kasi kapag may deped account ay unlimited na ang capacity which is nice for our learning resources…

Profile photo of cheerylyn
    cheerylyn
    Participant

Resently we used Zoom, I agree with ma’am Floriefe that it has only limited time. Using Zoom needs strong enternet connection for both teachers and learner’s. I also used FB group page for my learner’s because they can read my lessons with lower data connection.

Profile photo of rosellesabido
    rosellesabido
    Participant

In online class, we usually use the zoom platform because our leaners can easily join compare to other platforms. Power point presentation of lesson can be shared to enable the learners to read the text or watch videos related to the lessons. But using google slides of the lesson is best for me because even audio and video can easily copy and paste with the slides. Using Kahoot, Quizziz.com and mentimeter app makes the learners more active in the discussion. Assessment was done through google form, automatically the learners are aware of their scores once they click submit and the teachers can just create the spreadsheet for the consolidated results. Teachers can also analyze the least learned skills of the learners based on the incorrect answer for each item and plan for another intervention that will suit to their learners needs.

Profile photo of jhongacera
    jhongacera
    Participant

Several benefits of digital technology had made mentioned by the speaker, where implementers can do research, access information quickly and easily,  organizes and operates business and upgrade yourself  personally  and professionally in order to provide quality education through the used digital technology. Different applications and tools were also shared by the speaker for ALS teachers such as; PHET, You Tube where you can download videos, Edutopia and others. ALS implementers in our division  already use Zoom, MS Teams for communication, but the challenge is the internet connectivity. They create group FB page, FB live streaming in having RBI in our station and provide the link to ALS  implementers to supplement  modular modality. In general, todays’ scenario digital technology had a great impact and benefits to everyone specifically in the delivery of education to our learners.

Profile photo of mjdaub
    mjdaub
    Participant

The digital technology is a huge help to everyone, especially to our ALS teachers and learners. It makes the life of a teacher easier in the preparation of the lessons. I believe that by using of contextualized lessons integrated with digital learning tools will enable a new, exciting and interesting to the learners.

Profile photo of mjdaub
    mjdaub
    Participant

I have used most of the apps mentioned by Ma’am Mel Tan. My experience was good and sometimes some apps wouldn’t be used without internet connection. I strongly recommend that our ALS teacher should also try to explore the PhET app. It is an interactive computer simulations for teaching and learning physics, chemistry, math and other sciences. For me, this is very useful because we have learning strand 2-Scientific Literacy and Critical Thinking Skills and learning strand 3- Mathematical and Problem Solving Skills in our ALS Curriculum. This PhET simulation can be run online or downloaded for free from the PhET website.

Profile photo of melvz
    melvz
    Participant

In a world like this, trending today becomes a history tomorrow really offers a huge impact in our lives nowadays. We are living in a fast changing world and we need to go further and be able to get along with it. In this situation that we have right now, it opens door of opportunities for me personally studied some of these applications and learn to master it. Previously, I’m not use to try new ones that’s available in the market as such but the pandemic teaches me a lot of great avenue to maximize the potentials that we are passionate and we love the most. Now, having an online business and managing my very own channel and able to monetized. With these experiences that I have gained truly amazing to share with those who are not yet so into it like the learners of ALS.

Profile photo of grmosca
    grmosca
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>I usually use Zoom for online meetings. Its interface is very simple and very user friendly. When it comes to files backup I use MS Teams. It has the feature of creating a personal vault to securely store our files. I also tried using Adobe Connect for meetings. It is so powerful platform that offers lots of features for users even customizing its interface. What I don’t like with Adobe Connect aside from being very expensive and doesn’t offer a free version is the required internet speed. Users with low internet speed will not enjoy using this platform.</p>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.