• Digital Citizenship

Profile photo of Abraham Dela Cruz
    Abraham Dela Cruz
    Participant

TatakMT4TALS

ASYNCHRONOUS TASK #2
    Episode 1 Digital Citizenship
    Episode 4 Online Safety

As I listened on the episodes of Right Click Podcast about Digital Citizenship and online safety it makes me think hundred times. In fact, I reviewed and evaluated some of my post  on Facebook. Happy to know that I don’t leave any negative digital footprint on some of my post online. It makes me also realize that posting online should be self-reflecting. Always remember the five (5) questions before posting most especially the last question which is about the “billboard test” that has a great impact in my learnings today.

I am truly blessed and privileged being one of the 1st-hand individuals to study and learn on these excellent learning packets. These will really help me and my learners to walk as one confidently, safely, responsibly and ensure that no one will be put into risk.

Digital education is a must. As teacher, we must be a model to our learners. Appropriate behavior online and offline is very essential because “offline world is an extension of the online world”. Let us protect our reputation, identity and our people to ensure that no negative marks will be left behind.

#Right click
    “Think before we click”.
    Click it right and everything will be alright.

• Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of osias-andus
    osias-andus
    Participant

The learning that we had is really a big WOW sir….The podcast allows everyone to reflect on the usage online regarding behavior and our position online. What is important we are portraying positive behavior and we will be leaving desirable footprints that is worth to be emulated.

Profile photo of andriantecson
    andriantecson
    Participant

It is a good timing that digital resources at present play a significant role. It improves work-related activities because of lots of information and resources we can get from online applications. On the other hand, this global health crisis challenged our educational system of which it strengthens the use of high technologies specifically on the teaching-learning process with the parents, teachers and learners. There is a big difference of online world as what we have faced versus the real world – the traditional one. However, the common denominators are ethics and values. It has something to do on how to be a wise citizen that even there is a big impact of operating high technologies, still self-respect and being productive at the end of the day remain. Digital Citizenship talks about how to protect and making ourselves responsible through self-reflection. The best example is the Billboard Test of which every person can easily identify and correct from their responses online using social media of different applications. Keeping and protecting our digital footprints and digital identity must be an utmost concern. So to say, it allows every internet user to become proactive and to be aware of responsibilities. With the existence of digital resources, we can easily improve our lives in many aspects if and when we know how to control and manage considering on the so-called Internet Addiction. That is why teachers must continuously inculcate and nurturing their ALS learners to become a good digital citizen.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of andriantecson andriantecson.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of andriantecson andriantecson.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.