Home Forums SEAMEO INNOTECH “Right Click” Podcast Series Opportunities of Digital Technology

Tagged: 

• Opportunities of Digital Technology

Profile photo of aprillorraine
    aprillorraine
    Participant

Digital technology was developed because people needed accuracy and easier lives were the words from Ms Melissa Tan. It has been fun hearing from her since she localized opportunities of technology in the ALS context. Using online apps like Pay Maya and Gcash, utilizing a digital portfolio on Instagram, sharing recipes on Facebook, learning a new language, finding long lost friends are some of the endless possibilities of digital technology. In the teaching-learning process, using technology is better when it is part of the instructional design. In doing so, there are things to consider i.e. objectives of the lessons, Bloom’s Taxonomy, and the purpose of technology. Being a mobile teacher, it is better to use technology to enhance the learning experience of ALS learners. One way to do so is to use videos showing actual first aid or even call parademics and interview them to effectively discuss the concepts of first aid since print modules are not enough. Technology, when used in the right context, offers a lot of benefits both for the teachers and the learners. It may improve engagement through more fun and enjoyable activities. Another, it may improve knowledge retention. Next, it may encourage individual learning and collaboration among and between the learners. Finally, learners may learn useful life skills through technology. Teachers, on the other hand, may use different apps or trusted online resources to enhance the traditional ways of teaching. I am hopeful that ALS teachers shall undergo in-depth training on technology to be relayed to ALS learners.</span>

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of aprillorraine aprillorraine.
  • Author
    Replies
    Profile photo of emilrriodil
    emilrriodil
    Participant

And just a rejoinder antey, with the videos that I also watched over Youtube, there had been so many individuals using different social media platforms and showcasing the opportunities that they just had.

Actually, I personally, learned how to bake, hahaha, some cookies, cupcakes, make ice cream and many more, haha, that of course is through the influence of Youtube in light with this pandemic, opportunities of Digital Technology just got even bigger, better and wider.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.