ERU SENIOR ASSOCIATE
Provide technical support in planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating educational research programs and activities of the Educational Research Unit (ERU).
- All assigned research projects are designed based on identified priority research agenda, compliant to approved design specifications and terms of reference, delivered and completed in accordance with approved schedule, implementation plan and approved budget, compliant with approved quality policies, processes, and procedures, and with technical guidance from the Officer, Specialist and/or Senior Specialist.
- Accurate and timely submission of inputs for the preparation of research proposals, review of literature, data gathering instruments, analytical findings, and results, reports and other documentation requirements of the unit.
- Timely and efficient provision of logistic and technical support to the implementation of research projects/activities in accordance with approved timelines and unit quality processes.
- Accurate and up-to-date project records and databases for all assigned research projects and activities.
- Timely and responsive technical support provided to consultants, partners, clients, and other interested parties as measured by performance feedback.
- Timely and responsive ISO documentation of assigned projects (e.g., project monitoring report).
- Other accountabilities as reflected in the Performance Development and Management System (PDMS) Contract.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical assistance (e.g., identify knowledge gaps in literature, document findings in the body of knowledge, and develop presentation materials) in the planning, design and conduct of educational research needs assessments.
- Complete assigned tasks related to situational analysis, literature reviews, secondary document analysis, and identification of possible tools and other documents as inputs to preparation of concept papers/proposals with technical guidance from the Officer/Specialist and/or Senior Specialist.
- Prepare, monitor and update project management documents such as project budgets/budget notes, project implementation plans, risk and opportunities assessments, quarterly monitoring reports, research dissemination plans and other project M&E tools with technical inputs and guidance from the project team.
- Coordinate and provide technical support in planning, organizing, monitoring workshops, meetings, field work and other activities related to implementation of research projects of the Unit.
- Provide technical support in developing data gathering instruments, conducting validity and reliability of instruments, pilot-testing of instruments, with technical inputs/guidance from the project team.
- Provide technical assistance/conduct data gathering activities (e.g., interviews, FGD facilitation, observations, survey administration), including preparation of field notes, case studies, anecdotal records, and workshop proceedings.
- Ensure proper data storage (e.g., raw data shared in one drive folder/hard disks) and warehousing (e.g., processed data in one drive folder).
- Undertake data cleaning and processing using applications (e.g., NVivo, SPSS) to facilitate quantitative and qualitative analysis and prepare initial interpretation of data (e.g., narrative, tabular, graphical) for integration in report writing with technical inputs/guidance from the project team.
- Prepare/draft technical/research reports, research briefs, and policy notes with technical inputs/guidance from the project team.
- Provide technical assistance in the conduct of validation activities and finalization of the research report.
- Coordinate packaging (i.e., copyediting and layout) of research reports and other knowledge products of ERU.
- Provide technical assistance in monitoring and evaluation of ERU research activities in accordance with quality standards of the Center (e.g., monitoring of PIP, monitoring of risk treatment plans, financial monitoring, writing M&E reports, monitoring of dissemination plans and drafting project completion reports.
- Provide technical support in the planning, designing, and implementing research dissemination activities.
- Complete assigned activities in drafting materials for dissemination (e.g., journal/web articles, presentation materials), including documentation of research dissemination activities conducted with technical inputs/guidance from the project team.
- Provide technical support to project consultants, partner organizations and other clients, as may be requested.
- Maintain and update ERU ISO files of assigned projects, including information contained in the ERU intranet site.
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned.
- Educational Attainment
Completion of an appropriate baccalaureate degree from a duly recognized institution of higher learning, preferably with 18 units in master’s degree.
- Work Experience
- Up to 3 years of relevant experience/training (with 18 units toward master’s degree).
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience/training (if without 18 units toward master’s degree).
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add: