Provide technical expertise and support in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of legal and affairs programs, projects and activities such as policy review, contracts management and compliance to relevant laws, standards, policies, rules and regulations to ensure institutional effectiveness and efficiency in achieving the Center’s quality objectives.
- Full and complete technical support in the planning, design, conduct, monitoring and documentation of activities and undertakings related to legal and policy affairs, contracts management and compliance to relevant laws, standards, policies, rules and regulations of the Center, SEAMEO, the host country and the INNOTECH Enabling Instrument, among others, and implemented in accordance with Center policies, procedures, standards and requirements.
- Technical support in the implementation and conduct and documentation of LQMO activities and undertakings related to the following, in accordance with international standards and requirements as may be required.
- The Center’s quality and learning management systems; and
- The Center’s planning, monitoring and evaluation of Center plans.
- Actions contributory to positive satisfaction from partners/stakeholders for all LQMO/LPAU programs and projects, particularly those related to legal, policy, planning and quality assurance management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the provision of full technical, administrative, and logistical support in the legal and policy affairs services in the timely conduct of the following:
- Review/ updating of pertinent Center guidelines/policies on legal and contract management concerns.
- Drafting, review and finalization of pertinent legal/ policy documents of the Center as may be identified.
- Ensure proper filing and guardianship of the Center’s legal documents.
- Assist in the provision of full technical, administrative and logistical support in the efficient and timely conduct of the following LQMO undertakings as may be required:
- Planning, review, monitoring and quality management programs and activities of LQMO and the Center.
- Identifying, evaluating and attaining certification for updated/ other quality standards, international citations/awards and recognition as may be deemed suitable and fitting of an international organization like SEAMEO INNOTECH, including development of processes and tools to support certification for new or updated quality systems as may be identified.
- Implementation and operationalization of identified LQMO/LPAU tasks and functions.
- Provide assistance to different units/ offices on issues and concerns that may require legal inputs and advice, as may be assigned.
- If needed, represent the Center in proceedings in court, quasi-judicial bodies, on cases, negotiations, mediations, etc.
- Perform other related task/s that may be assigned by the LQMO Manager/LPAU Senior Officer.
- Educational Attainment
- Completion of Law Degree (LLB or Juris Doctor) from a duly recognized/ accredited institution of higher learning.
- With a valid license to practice law in the Philippines.
- Preferably with a Master’s Degree.
- Work Experience
At least 5 years of relevant work experience (with Master’s Degree or license to practice law) or at least 7 years of relevant work experience (in the absence of Master’s Degree).
SEAMEO INNOTECH is an equal opportunity employer
Interested and qualified applicants may submit their letter of intent with an updated CV at email add: