INNOTECH Collaborates with SEAMEO Centers For The Second Knowledge Management Forum
SEAMEO INNOTECH Center Deputy Director Kochakorn Khattapan Acidre joined other participants from various SEAMEO Centers in the Second SEAMEO Knowledge Management (KM) Learning and Sharing Forum to develop and devise a knowledge management framework that can be operationalized by the organizations in the future.
The Second SEAMEO Knowledge Management (KM) Learning and Sharing Forum was held on 22 to 23 August 2023 in Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines. The event was hosted by SEAMEO Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) in collaboration with the SEAMEO Secretariat. The two-day event was done after an initial KM forum, which was virtually hosted by the SEAMEO Secretariat in July 2022.
The first KM Forum was done before then to provide a clearer understanding of the KM concept. The participants in this initial event were shown the difference between internal and external KM. SEAMEO Centers, as public sector organizations, focus on KM for their external stakeholders. There is a perceived need to ensure that the Centers effectively reach out to their primary and secondary clients, partners, and stakeholders in Southeast Asia and beyond.
INNOTECH, through Deputy Director Kochakorn, was also joined by delegates from the following Centers during the second KM learning and sharing forum:
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Vocational and Technical Education and Training (SEAMEO VOCTECH)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Technical Education Development (SEAMEO TED)
- SEAMEO Regional Open Learning Centre (SEAMEO SEAMOLEC)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Quality Improvement of Teachers and Education Personnel (SEAMEO QITEP) in Mathematics
- SEAMEO Regional Center for Food and Nutrition (SEAMEO RECFON)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Education and Science and Mathematics (SEAMEO RECSAM)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Special Educational Needs (SEAMEO SEN)
- SEAMEO Secretariat (SEAMES)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for STEM Education (SEAMEO STEM-ED)
- SEAMEO Regional Institute for Higher Education and Development (SEAMEO RIHED)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Sufficiency Economy Philosophy for Sustainability (SEAMEO SEPS)
- SEAMEO Regional Tropical Medicine and Public Health Network (SEAMEO TROPMED Network)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Tropical Medicine (SEAMEO TROPMED Thailand)
- SEAMEO Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
- SEAMEO Regional Centre for Lifelong Learning (SEAMEO CELLL)
The in-person forum concretized and prioritized recommendations arising from the First SEAMEO KM Learning and Sharing Forum virtually hosted by the SEAMEO Secretariat in July 2022. The recommendations were fully realized through comprehensive brainstorming sessions during the Second SEAMEO KM Learning and Sharing Forum. The participants discussed the KM framework, information management, and other related topics. The attendees also explored the best practices and strengths in maintaining and optimizing the KM functions within SEAMEO and other units.
The Forum ended with a unanimous consensus from the participants to proceed with the next phase advancing the SEAMEO KM Framework. A comprehensive strategy and action will be created for the implementation across various SEAMEO Centers.